NOTICE OF MEETING CANCELLATION
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the regular meeting of the Board of Commissioners of King County Fire Protection District No. 16 held at the headquarters station, located at 7220 NE 181st Street, Kenmore WA 98028, on Tuesday, the 15th day of September 2015, has been canceled.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a special meeting of the Board of Commissioners of King County Fire Protection District No. 16 will be held at the Northshore Fire Department, headquarters station at 7220 NE 181st Street Kenmore, WA, 98028 on Tuesday, the 22nd day of September, 2015, beginning at 1700 hours.
The meeting agenda will be posted on or before the 18th day of September 2015.
2014 Annual Report
Northshore Fire has published a comprehensive annual report of all of our activities in 2014. Please visit the following link to check it out:
Northlake Regional Fire Authority Feasibility Study
Over the course of the last year, the Northshore Fire Department, the City of Bothell, Woodinville Fire and Rescue and Snohomish County Fire District 10 have been conducting a study to determine the feasibility of a “Regional Fire Authority” in the area. The results of that study are now available here. Check out our RFA Info Page for more information on the subject.
Responsive. Courageous. Compassionate.
Since 1942, the Northshore Fire Department has been providing comprehensive fire prevention, education, and emergency fire suppression services to the residents of the cities of Kenmore and Lake Forest Park. All Northshore firefighters are Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT); 13 of our firefighters are trained in Technical Rescue (TRT).
We operate in four shifts, providing 24/7 coverage from the following two stations:
Headquarters Station #51:
7220 NE 181st Street in Kenmore
Staffed by 5 Firefighters, 1 Battalion Chief, and 1 Lieutenant during each shift
Lake Forest Park Station #57:
17020 Brookside Blvd. in Lake Forest Park
Staffed by 2 Firefighters and 1 Lieutenant during each shift
Mission, Vision, and Values
We are dedicated to protecting the health, life, and property of the community with professionalism, respect, and integrity.
Our Core Values:
Our core values are honesty, integrity, trust, compassion, and courage. We believe these principles provide the foundation for our success. We embrace a positive atmosphere where teamwork, competence, pride, and mutual respect provide an opportunity for all employees to succeed.
Our Vision for our Organization:
We are an organization that continues to be innovative in meeting our mission in a changing environment. We accomplish our mission by providing superior services in partnership with our community.
Operations Report 2014
Medical and Other Emergencies
During 2014, out of a total of 3,525 requests for service, the majority of calls we received were medical emergencies—including motor vehicle accidents with or without injury and extrication (2,666 calls = 76%).
Another 444 calls (12.5%) pertained to other types of emergency issues, including someone smelling smoke, carbon monoxide incidents, gasoline spills, downed power lines and other hazards (including a few calls for service that were cancelled once we arrived on the scene).
Did you know we also respond to non-emergency requests for assistance? In 2014 we responded to 91 incidents (2.5%) in which we helped citizens with lock-outs, assisted with patient care, and even addressed minor flooding issues.
Fighting Fires (and False Alarms)
Crews responded to 246 false alarms (7%) in contrast to 71 responses where fire was present (2%). False alarms occur almost 3.5 times more frequently than actual fires; we can’t stress enough the importance of proper alarm system maintenance and testing.
Out of those 71 fire responses (involving structures, automotive vehicles, public utilities and outside areas), at 11 of these incidents there was some form of loss incurred. The grand total of loss resulting from these fires in 2014 was $97,150. Fortunately, there were no serious injuries or fatalities caused by any of these fires.
Neighborhood Service Frequency
Kenmore (2013 population 21,611) was the more active area for responses, with 65% occurring in or originated by units assigned to Station 51 in Kenmore. The remaining 35% occurred in Station 57’s response area in Lake Forest Park (2013 population 13,091). Under a mutual aid agreement, we provided assistance to neighboring jurisdictions 621 times, and received assistance 241 times.
In 2014, our busiest day always seemed to fall on a Monday; during the hours of 9:00 am and 7:00 pm. This does not seem to be a random occurrence as our response data indicates Monday has been the busiest day of each of the last ten years. Thursdays were the second busiest days.